Holcim (US) Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Holcim Ltd. and one of the nation’s leading manufacturers and suppliers of cement and mineral components. Holcim (US) contracted Talogy to provide a world-class selection system to assist in hiring the best possible candidates to fill 250 full-time positions for their new plant in Ste. Genevieve, on the banks of the Mississippi River.
This project was a pivotal venture for Holcim Ltd. in the Americas, as it was a Greenfield site project costing over $1 billion, resulting in the largest cement facility of its kind.
To address these critical goals, Talogy’s selection solution needed to:
- Be highly accurate in identifying the most capable individuals to work as Technicians in a high-hazard work environment and operate complex state-of-the-art facility equipment
- Be highly accurate in identifying the most capable individuals to work in a variety of professional and administrative roles at the new site
- Accurately measure safety and risk-taking propensity in candidates due to the nature of many of the roles; risks involve working at heights, working around high-intensity flames, working with corrosive chemicals, etc.
- Provide a selection experience perceived as fair and inclusive to the candidates in the greater St. Louis area
- Work seamlessly with other local recruitment and assessment providers in the area, both in the areas of administration and technology
Holcim needed assessment solutions for the following positions:
- Five key technician positions who would directly operate or oversee various functions of the facility, including Cement, Quarry, Quality, Power & Control, and Warehouse.
- Professional and Administrative positions, from Specialist, Engineer to Area Leader, Manager, and Control Room Operators